Wooragee Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Wooragee (3747) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Eastern, Victoria. It is about 230 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Wooragee is in the federal electorate of Indi.

In the 2011 census the population of Wooragee was 335 and is comprised of approximately 54.3% females and 45.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wooragee is 46 years of age.

92.5% of people living in the suburb of Wooragee were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% Germany, 1.5% England.

96.4% of people living in Wooragee speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wooragee is 29.6% No religion, 26.0% Anglican, 11.6% Catholic, 9.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.6% Uniting Church, 4.5% Christian, nfd, 3.3% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.7% Baptist, 1.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Lutheran.

69.1% of people are married, 18.9% have never married and 8.3% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Wooragee.

52.6% of the people living in Wooragee over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.4% are working on a part time basis. Wooragee has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Wooragee are 26.2% Professionals, 21.5% Managers, 15.1% Technicians & trades workers, 12.2% Labourers, 9.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.7% Community & personal service workers, 4.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.3% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Wooragee work in are 18.7% Manufacturing, 15.2% Health care and social assistance, 12.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.5% Education and training, 9.4% Construction, 6.4% Public administration and safety, 5.8% Accommodation and food services, 5.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.3% Professional, scientific and technical services.

46.8% of homes are fully owned, and 41.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 8.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $577 per week and the median household income is $1125 per week.

The median rent in Wooragee is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1559 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wooragee postcode 3747

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Niddrie 3042 -> Melbourne -> Victoria